Tuesday, February 16, 2016


The overseas employment certificate or OEC is one document asked from OFWs by the immigration officer at the airport.
An OEC is a proof that the overseas Filipino worker is  legally documented OFW with POEA. 
Note: Agency-hired applicants can obtain OEC through their respective recruitment offices. 
For direct or name-hired applicants, present the original copies of the following:

  • Passport – must be valid at least 6 months from the date of departure
  • Valid Work Visa/Work Permit or Equivalent Document
  • Proof of Employment
Furthermore, these are the documentary requirements for Balik Manggagawa (BM) or returning to same employer abroad:

  • Proof of existing employment (such as valid employment contract, employment certificate, valid company ID, pay slips)
  • Passport valid for at least 6 months from the time of departure
  • Valid visa / re-entry permit / work permit or equivalent document
In order to process OEC, applicant needed to set an appointment in POEA or OEC processing center. Online OEC application is also available.

You might also want to read: HOW TO APPLY FOR OEC
Source of this article is
©2016 The OFW Site